How many stomachs do dolphins have?
- Dolphins have two stomachs. One stomach is used to store food and the other is used for digestion.
What is the average life span of a dolphin?
- The average dolphin lives about 17 years. However, it has been reported that some dolphins can live to be 50.
What is the biggest kind of dolphin?
- Despite its name, the Killer Whale is actually a type of dolphin. They can measure up to 30 feet long.
How fast can dolphins swim?
- Most dolphins can swim anywhere from 3 to 7 miles per hour. Experienced dolphins can reach up to 20 miles per hour.
How deep can dolphins dive?
- Dolphins can dive about 1,000 feet deep, far deeper than humans. They are known to be great divers.
How long can dolphins hold their breath?
- Due to their lungs, dolphins can only hold their breath under water for an average of 8 to 10 minutes. Dolphins can survive several hours out of the water if they are kept wet and in the right temperature.
How many species of dolphins are there?
- There are 40 species of dolphins, including whales and orcas.
How many members can a pod of dolphins have?
- Dolphins are very social and playful creatures. They travel in large pods that can have up to 1,000 dolphins in the group.
What is a baby dolphin called?
- Baby dolphins are called calves. Dolphins are very maternal creatures, so calves nurse for 2 years and stay with the mother for 3-8 years.
What is the most dangerous predator to dolphins?
- Dolphins don't have very many natural enemies. Humans pose the most threat to dolphins, causing many species to become endangered or extinct.