Writing & Language
In this collection of articles, tables, and references, there is a guide to grammar and common grammatical errors, spelling tips, a glossary of foreign terms, statistics about languages and foreign language study, and Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes, and explanations of poetry terms. You can also read LSSU's list of "banished" words for the year, learn some frequently misused and mispronounced words, and winners of the World Scrabble Championship! Kids can use these resources to study for spelling and English tests, improve writing skills, and expand their vocabularies.
- Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable
- Literature and Books
- Best-Selling Books
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Names of the Days of the Week
- Names of the Months
- Origins of State Names
- Writing Skills
- Encyclopedia: Language, Linguistics, and Literary Terms
- Encyclopedia: Literature in English
- Encyclopedia: Literature in Other Modern Languages
- Encyclopedia: Classical Literature, Mythology, and Folklore
|Arts and Entertainment|
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.